A yarn shop is more than just a shop, it's a community, a knowledge bank, a crafty hub.
We want to show you what we've got!
WHAT IS A LOCAL YARN SHOP?
- A community
- A craft hub
- A meeting place for customers who have become friends
- A tactile experience, feeling your raw materials, understanding their journey appreciating the methods used to create such fibres.
- A place for advice, and project help – often free of charge
- A place of wonder for the younger generations, essential to plant an interest in crafting.
- A place to create, attend workshops, manage mental health issues, talk, laugh and sometimes cry.
- They have a heart and a soul, and they HAVE to remain on our streets.
WITHOUT CUSTOMERS WE ARE NOTHING.
And we treasure every single one. During October 2018 we ran a treasure hunt with limited edition badges at each of our participating yarn shops - those with badges left are shown with white flags on the map. Join the mailing list for details of future campaigns!